Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rewind, Berlin, Hamburg, Aalborg


Berlin was funny. The soundguy got WASTED and was hilarious, grabbing bottles of booze from behind the bar and trying to get people to do shots with him, then busting into a loud cackle. The crowd was very subdued, but appreciative. They respectfully objected our requests to get closer to the stage. We got to bro-down with Nikita, our Euro booker, had a delicious vegan supper (yea I know) and got to see A LITTLE bit of the city the next day.

Hamburg: Thought I was going to hang out with Wilson, but he fled back to the States, and honestly I can't blame him. Kind of a hectic load in, low ceilings in the parking garage. Across the street was a slew of carnival rides. I met a girl named Hannah, and after we went and rode the Ice Bahn right before they closed the carny down. The woman running the ride was determined to make one of us vomit, or at least for me to lose my hat. Neither happened. Johannes had the great task of getting our rear window replaced the next morning at 8am. I, ... slept in.

Aalborg, was nice but honestly I laid low and after the show was shivering w/ a fever. On the road to recovery after a day off yesterday. By day off I mean leaving at 10 am driving ALL DAY, which included 3 ferries, then trying to find a hotel or hostel in a town 3hrs from Bergen, where we are now. Failing miserably, then ending up just driving to Bergen, arriving at 3:20 am, and luckily the venue we are playing tonight was still inhabited by some staff who graciously allowed us to spend the night in the upstairs band apartment we were to stay in TONIGHT.
I slept all day, the sun goes down here at like 3. Soundchecked at 5, did an interview at the college station, just had a great Tai supper, and now we wait. I'm determined to have as much fun as possible the rest of the trip, while getting healthy again as well. But there are moments when all I want to do is get home. There is still such a long way to go. And then...the U.S. as well. Oslo tomorrow then Stockholm. Then another expensive day off, then............................

2 comments:

flower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter D. said...

Glad the tour is going well. See you in Baltimore on 12-3. Abzug