Sunday, November 8, 2009

Munich

We were supremely late to Offenbach last night but had a fun night. Played with Baltimore band Thank You. They were great, could totally tour w/The Planet The as a sick one two punch. Had an adventure trying to find the hostel we were all staying at together. Oh and the German techno dance party, how could I forget?! Thank You's driver/lights man also dj's 80's jams at low speeds so Madonna sounds like Rick Astley, and George Michael like Sade.

Now in Munich. Got here with enough time to walk around and luckily we are playing a really cool club and it's right in the middle of everything. Even though it's Sunday a bunch of people were out and about window shopping at all the closed stores and boutiques. Time to kill now. I doubt anyone will come, it's Sunday, no other bands are playing, the club is really cool and they fed us awesomely. Sure sign it's gonna be empty but spirits have improved since the UK.

My post was going to be something else entirely, luckily things have turned up a bit. One of these days though it's gonna get ugly on here. I'm doing everything in my power to stay positive. I've wanted to be here for so long, and all I want to do is have a good time and take in as much as I can. Unfortunately there have been some set backs that I just can't ignore. I absolutely went OFF in my journal in the van after reading about TEAMWORK in the Bill Simmons Basketball book that my dad gave me before this leg. Thanks again dad. They have been saving me. There really is a close connection to being in a band and a member of a team, especially teams at the highest level. I'll save it for later. If things don't change by the time we get through this brutal tour I'll be on to better things. I'm being taken advantage of and it's being waved in my face daily. The beauty of it is there is no room for any negotiation or discussion for risk of appearing confrontational. Today it became clear that my current situation mirrors my moving westward 10/11 years ago. The question is how will it be remedied this time around?


1 comment:

Moonbeam said...

I'm sorry some teammates have to hog the ball. You know who we are all rooting for.