Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paris!

We made it! No one slept on the plane. I tried but ended up watching Whatever Works, The Hangover, and I Love You Man. Johannes, our driver and sound guy absolutely rules, and we've only known each other a day and a 1/2. He has started to hijack the Shakyblog too. Walked around Paris yesterday, and stayed w/Mayhaws cousin who lives in a studio the size of a shoebox. The seven of us, Nick's wife Kristie is with us, and a friend of his that was visiting, somehow all slept there. I wish we got a photo, it was kinda like a clown car scenario. That night Jeff and I got lost trying to get back to said apartment from Johannes place. It was fun though and we kept laughing because none of us has a working phone, and we kept back tracking but ending up not where we intended.

We loaded in and just sound checked. My drums kinda rule. Old Premiers, Keith Moon's drum of choice. They look and sound amazing. We get our own beds tonight, the thought of that got us through last night, and the fact that we were exhausted. I think I slept 13 hours, though not soundly. I have only a few photos so far. I'll try and get them up soon. It's Halloween, but you wouldn't know it. Maybe people will be in costume tonight? We'll be dressed as clueless Americans of course.

Yesterday we all sat at a cafe next to Johannes' awesome apartment and I ordered an Americano. What they gave me looked like Iced Tea, but instead was a very strong drink made with Compari. I drank it anyway of course, and it was hilarious. The first of many snafu's coming in the next month.

Another stupid thing we find ourselves doing is speaking English with a Horrible french accent when we don't know how to say something, which IS ALL THE TIME. Other than merci, and bon jour I'm clueless. And ,when pressed, I forget those too. Funny stuff.

No comments: