Monday, October 26, 2009

Wrap up/Catch up



Hello from Chapel Hill NC and the last of our nights with the Pomegranates,and Headlights. Philly was a blast despite the monsoon like downpours which kept many of the bike riding Phillyites at home. But we were able to discover the amazingness that is Sand. And after listening to the whole album twice and researching them, we thought they were from Germany at first. Then we find out they are from PORTLAND! Two members later went on to be in Quarterflash, but I'm putting them at #1 with a bullet on the list of best Portland bands past or present. There I said it. Thanks Nate! He bought the record in Portland, maybe at Crossroads, and I am eternally grateful for it. We will now begin further archiving for our Soft Nuggets Series, look for it from Rhino soon.

DC was a pretty great show, well attended and we played great. DC never fails for interesting conversations with very educated and quirky strangers. You'll have to wait til my memoir "ROAD DOG" Confessions of a Beat Snake comes out next year for more.

Tomorrow, our last US gig before Europe in Charlottesville VA then off to Paris. To say I can't wait would be an understatement. Look for me during Blazers games in the "Where In The World" segment. I'll be the dude in the Blazers satin Starter Jacket and Sabonis jersey standing by the Eiffel Tower.

Stay tuned it's gonna get Kway-Zay!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

links are good:
http://store.itsaboutmusic.com/sand.html

Jason said...

hey shaky hands,
I happened to see you guys are playing at the bar below my house in Freiburg, Germany next month. I'm from So Cal but have been living in this little paradise almost 7 years, you guys are gonna love it. It'd be great to hang a bit if you guys are up for it, there some great vibes in the city if you get here a few hours before the gig.

jasonconga@yahoo.com