Monday, May 11, 2009

NEW YORK

Umm still got it NYC. Beautiful day 4 here. I can see why EVERYBODY moves/lives here, and with days like yesterday and today, I could be tempted. The couple o times I have though, it KICKED MY ASS and Portland rules too hard, even if established bands are moving there now, but at least they aren't taking our jobs...wait what? Oh DAMN!!
Anyway finish it off at Music Hall of Williamsburgh tonight, which used to be Northsix. A HISTORIC place in Joggers lore.
Way back in 03(?) Joggz destroyed the basement there with a bottle of vodka on stage, and essentially got signed on the spot. And look where that got us...but I digress...
Anyhoozle they spiffed that place up now I hear and it should be squishy fondness in my RoadDogVanRat heart tonight. Philly tomorrow to see my best buddies and play at the amazing Johnny Brenda's.
My hard drive is so crammed I can barely keep my laptop ON let alone upload any fotos/video. Unless i fall into a puddle of cash, I'm gonna have to let my words paint the pictures for a while ok?
Chilling at Josh and Alexis' in Fort Greene, thanks guys. Barely helped DJ Hickory spin some fresh ones at the Bell House last night. Caught up w/ some old buddies and saw Deradoorian w/ full band pretty up the joint.
Saw a little of some Ipod/Iphone song band not really impress. I mean after seeing the crowds everynight for Therms and sometimes us, and then seeing people last night ,trying to be cool, but just looking bored, I was thankful, and glad to be in and on tour with, Actual energetic dare I say entertaining bands. Drank too much and fell asleep in the Kicks van on the way home, ooops. If I didn't have severe shin splints from walking all day for 3 days in my TOMS, I'd have a spring in my step.......

Have Fun, I am;
JWM

No comments: