Monday, May 4, 2009

Cleveland/Buffalo/Toronto

Great show in Cleveland, crowd surfing, and school dance lighting. After show major sweaty dance party, met some kind souls who drove me way across town to sleep in the van. Awesome people.

Sunny Buffalo, family and friends in attendance, played well but the crowd was dead. Saturday night but you wouldn't know it. I'm sure they were appreciative, but had a hard time showing it. Down the street lay the ruins of The Aud. Old school hockey arena where I caught Van Hagar, and REM though I spent my money to see Radiohead, circa The Bends open. But instead heard Thom Yorke say "Thank you" as the lights came up. Hated REM ever since. Crazy scene, half of the arena is still standing, looking like Mad Max meets Pink Floyd at Pompeii. Had the luxury of getting hooked up w/ a sweet hotel from my folks. After the show my cousin John and I ran head first into douchebag central AKA a fine establishment known as BadaBing. D-Bags yellin "You Wanna Go?" and their girlfriends jumping in to fight as well. Retreated to a latenight sub shop, which doubled as the end of the night pit stop for lonely heavy girls, one of which body checked me and yelled "Don't even think of touchin my sub!" while we were just sitting down to wait for our food. I then looked over to see the line up of gals,done up saturday night style, waiting to feed the pain of another fruitless saturday night.

Toronto was awesome, wild crowd in the front who were mucho psyched for us (for some reason). Good merch sales, and, well... Canada rules. Day off at the folks place then Northampton Mass tomorrow night.

toodles

1 comment:

chickens and hens said...

crazy...just as i began reading this entry...the trap by THE joggers came on my "last fm" station. pure kismet.

i hope that you are having a good time. see you in june!