Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 6? MINNEAPOLIZZZZZZZ

Day off, so lets catchup. I'd like to start with Denver girls. First, right after we finish our set, I haven't even gotten my gear broken down when the fella running the show grabs me to move the van, so a car can be towed. Now it's a friday night downtown, all the bars are jammin and the Rockies Dodgers game is letting out. It takes a good 15-20 minutes just to circle the block. When I get back to return to our saved spot in front of the club, the car is being TAKEN OFF the flatbed towtruck. What?? Of course the car belonged to two 'cute girls'. Now I am pissed. As someone who has had their car towed twice in one week and pleaded with a tow driver to no avail, I'm enraged. Not to mention I'm still all sweaty from JUST finishing a show. So after a significant calm down period and a moshpit inducing Thermals set, we all load up and are waiting to get paid. I'm in the passenger seat of the van when two ACTUALLY cute girls knock at the window. I open the door and they say: "Hey do you guys wanna..." and then after getting a good look ,"oh, nevermind" and walk away. Thanks Denver girls, I hate you.

So things have been going pretty well. The shows have been great, especially Denver onward. Things really kicked into gear today when we reunited with Gertrude (GPS) and acquired a basketball. It is sooooo on! Currently running errands AT WILL! It's hard to imagine we haven't even been at it a week yet with 5 and a 1/2 to go. It's difficult to get in to the whole Blazers situation. We aren't out of it yet, but it doesn't look good. I can say that I'm not gonna wear my Sabonis jersey gamedays anymore as its turning out to be bad luck. We almost single handedly willed the team to victory the last two games by taking the stage in the fourth quarter and summoning everything we could to project the vibes towards Rip City Victory. Let's just say we have held up our end of the bargain. C'mon DUDES! It's really hard being away at this amazing time in Blazer history, regardless of the outcome, considering how far the journey has evolved since my Blazer baptism in the Sabonis, Sheed, and Pippen days of 99-03, AKA the end of the consecutive playoff run. I'm doing the best I can with what I've got, and that's still a heck of a lot. I'm proud to be in Pryzbilla land right now, this place breeds toughness. I mean come on Dylan, Prince and the Thrilla Vanilla Gorilla!! And, godwilling, Al Fanken finally taking office. Minnesota, you got the goods.

Thermals and PJW are great tourmates, too great in fact that we have resorted to making up things about them just to make it seem more interesting. We will expose their darksides!!! We have resorted to leaving things behind at the club 'accidentally' just to keep them on their toes. I mean we are total professionals. We wouldn't leave behind, say oh I don't know, a GUITAR, or phone chargers or things of that nature ON PURPOSE. C'mon we aint like that.
Thanks to all the generous souls who've put us up thus far, we've been lucky and admit it, so have you!
Ok off to the glamorous tour reality that is...the oil change! Here's some video evidence, smell ya later.

Shirts turned out nice! Thanks Jaclyn (and me)

'WALT' invades the Thermals:

No comments: