Saturday, January 31, 2009

Introducing:Tanning


Jake Morris Group, though a solid name, is now Tanning, and will be playing its first west coast show Feb 21st @ Kelly's Olympian opening for Zouaves and the Double U. Yea I know cool show. So yea. Ok. It's me on foot drums, and guitar and voice, w/ no loop technology or pre recorded bullshit usually associated w/ one man projects these days, damn these kids and their BOSS loopstations and their neon bandanas and whatnots. Not this guy. So if you are local come out. It's a Saturday too.

AND I'm DJ'n Jay Winebrenners Art Opening THIS Tues @ Tiga (where else?) Softness as always but also some theme appropriate prog and jazz and weirdness too.

The Year of the Ox continues to challenge and baffle me.

Onward.

4 comments:

toilet said...

Jake,

My friends and I are jogz fans hard to the core. We've traveled as many as 360 miles to come see you (Phoenix to San Deigo/Los Angeles). We sacrificed sleep and the first four hours of Coachella 08's opening day to see you in Tucson last year at Plush the night before Coachella (we were the major rowdies).

Something I'm not proud of but should come clean with... my goddamn license plate says "JOGGERS."

To profess our adoration would be an unnecessary duplication of efforts.

I have a couple of requests:
-bring any project to Phoenix (Rhythm Room or Modified - recommended)
-please continue the joggers

Now on with the dream requests:
-sabotage the Killers tour bus so the joggers are put in a headlining spot on Coachella
-Put the karaoke version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" back on MySpace for download - it was hysterical
-let us know how we can befriend you on MySpace... these new computer security precautions of the future are discouraging

We love your tunes.

-Ash, Sean, Zach

drumbschool said...

Wow,
Fist I'm gonna need photographic evidence of said license plate for my Vanity License Plate blog (just a pipe dream)

Shaky Hands will most likely be in your area in April/May w/ the Thermals

I have done, and continue to do everything in my power to keep the jogg train going. I will keep u abreast of all news here I promise. 2 upcoming split 7"s is all I got for u at the moment.
Will do my best as per your other requests.

www.myspace.com/jakemorrisgroup

try that.

Dudes, THANKS A LOT, really
hope to see u soon
JM

tiga said...

"i cannot work under these conditions"

John said...

Yeah, seriously Jake. There's no reason -- there's no FUCKING reason -- why the Joggers aren't playing major venues on the indie rock circuit, making bank and buying real estate. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are really aware of how awesome your albums are. We miss you!